Do you want to know more about the tattoo designs for your ring finger? It is interesting, in fact, the ring finger tattoo is very popular for some reasons, and there are many ways to get ring tattoo designs for your ring finger.
Various Kinds of Women Ring Finger Tattoos
There are many reasons why most people decide to choose tattoo for their ring finger:
Wedding Ring Bands
Wedding ring band tattoo is one of the most popular ring finger tattoo designs. The ring finger tattoo design can be a good choice for a couple to express their feelings of affection by choosing unique design.
Some couples decide to have tattoos on their left-middle fingers as a declaration of their engagement, then when they get married they will add some design to it. While some couples choose ornament as their tattoo design, others choose to place the name of their loved ones. But, some couples prefer to choose the important part of their written wedding vow as their design for their ring fingers.
Over the last few years, the word “I Do” has become a popular wedding tattoo design. All of the ring finger tattoo designs mentioned before are the good selections for people that are interested to get wedding ring band as their ring finger tattoos.
If you have decided to get ring tattoo as a part of your wedding celebration, be sure that you have already discussed that tattoo with your spouse so both of you can have the best selection.
You can have two different rings or rings that complete one another. You can even try to choose unique design that fits one another such as having a small key design as your finger tattoo while your spouse is the keyhole.
To Honor Someone
Another reason to consider having ring finger tattoo is to honor someone who has passed away. For some people, they choose to place their children’s name, their spouse, or another one who has passed away. The design is a symbol that the person left behind will continue living with the guidance from those who have passed away.
Like many other popular tattoo designs, the ring tattoo may become the symbol of something important in your life. Many people choose inspiring words around their ring fingers such as “hope” word, “love” word, or “dream”. Those words remind the tattoo owners for people to always remember the message.
Pros and Cons about Ring Tattoos
Like other tattoos, ring tattoo also has its pros and cons
The pros of ring tattoo:
- The placement is easy and comfortable
- The tattoo is visible, and looks like an actual ring. However, you don’t have to feel worried of losing it or being stolen from you.
- Tattoo can be the everlasting reminder for anything it represented.
The cons of ring tattoo:
- Because of its visibility, this tattoo might disturb the work of the owner. Some professional jobs do not allow of visible tattoo.
- Finger tattoo is one the tattoo types that is susceptible to damage.
- Finger tattoo is difficult to erase once the owner intends to remove it. It is also difficult to cover the ring tattoo by using additional tattoo ink.
- Any tattoo on the finger or hand often fades, therefore it requires touch-up to maintain.
Ring Tattoo Design Ideas
If you still consider having a tattoo for your ring finger, then the following ideas for ring tattoo designs could be your choice:
- If you are a fan of shapes like heart, cross, or other small elements; consider it for your ring finger tattoo. The small and simple design will look good around your finger, so there is no need to make a complex design.
- If you prefer getting the arm band design around your finger, you still need to simplify the design so it will fit the available space. Patterns such as Greek key or vine can be the simple yet elegant design.
- Large design very often cannot be the good choice for your ring finger tattoo, you may consider having a design below the knuckle to place your tattoo that does not fill all part of your finger.
Choose Your Design Carefully
Spend your time to search for the right and appropriate design and also a great tattoo artist for your tattoo. If you feel worried about the small size for this type of tattoo, then make sure the design will look good on you before it is tattooed.